Thursday, June 21, 2012

Shabby Chic Flower tutorial...

I have had a couple of requests for a tutorial for these flowers...


So here goes...

It's really pretty easy.

My supplies...


Fabric for the flower petals and 
Tim Holtz Tattered florals die
(or free form cut your own flower petals).
Needle and thread.
Scraps of fabric, ribbon and lace. 

Here's the easy, peasy part...

Layer it all! 

I randomly layer pieces until it looks the way I want it then sew them together.


I used two of the larger flowers, 
then one of the next size down, 
then I started layering the fabric scraps and lace.

Bling it up with a button or pearls or whatever you want for your center of the flower. 

Here are a couple of different attempts at finishing them off...




and the final piece...


I cut the back of the button off and hot glued it to the flower.

In the original grouping you can see that I also used stringed pearls and fibers for embellishing as well.

Aside from some of the bulky buttons these flowers are nice and flat for scrapbooking pages.

Can't wait to see your flowers!
Have fun!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hi I love making flowers and yours are super gorgeous ! Shall have a go ! Thanks ;0)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Me too I am going to give it a go...The flowers look harder than what you showed...I can't wait to get some made...Thanks you so much for doing the tutorial. Helps alot. joann sassy raggedy

Heather said...

I want to make some shabby flowers!! Great tutorial girl!! I love your flowers!1
hugs