Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My leaf stamp

This morning I decided to carve my own stamp. 

I don't often draw so trying to figure out what to make was a bit of a challenge.

I would love to be able to draw a rose but they never seem to look like a rose when I am finished with them, 
so.......

I made a leaf! 

Probably a better idea for my first stamp carving anyway.

I couldn't just show you the stamp so I made this tag...


Here's my stamp...


I stamped 3 leaves in the top corner and 2 in the bottom.

You can also see my buttercup liquid pearls that I added to the green dots on the background paper.


Here you can see my bottom two stamps. 

You can also see that I pop dotted my 
with two different thicknesses of pop dots.
The background, that I stamped on, is also part of the Lemonaid paper collection at Gecko Galz.

A little bit of lacy trim from Diane 
and some seam binding from my stash finishes off my tag.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I've never tried carving my own stamp, but yours turned out great....makes me want to try!

Kay Wallace said...

I totally am impressed by your carving, Carol! It is a creative addition to your tag. My husband and my step-daughter have both carved stamps for their "letterboxing" adventures, now I, too, want to try my hand at this new creative exercise!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
What a wonderful sense of satisfaction carving your own stamp. This is something I've wanted to do for some time and with the beautiful stamp Penny gifted to me for my birthday and now seeing your creation I know I must find the time at some point this year.
This tag is as fresh and sweet as a glass of chilled lemonade - so beautiful, so you.
Wishes
Lynne