Saturday, April 2, 2011

Challenged

I've got that crafty feeling again!

I entered the Impressionists group challenge over at Bella Creations
The Paper Crafter's Alphabet - A Collaborative Collage Project. 

We are given a letter or two to chose a word that is related to paper crafting, it could be a technique, supply, emotion, etc... Then we were to take that word and put it on a banner which Sandi gave us a pattern for. There had to be a break of some kind at the line indicated on the pattern. I added a bit of ribbon or lace on all three of my pieces shown here. We also need to sign the front of it. We then can send Sandi a good color copy so she can send all of us a copy of the lettered banner pieces worked on by our fellow Bella's, to add to our banner.

I got the letters E & F. 


 I cut the butterfly off of the patterned paper I used.
I added a bit of glitter glue then Distress crackle paint - clear rock candy. Also added a bit of worn lipstick on top of the crackle to bring out the cracks.

I did the same crackle and inking to the title, no glitter glue this time.
 

On my fantastic F banner I mod podged a piece of lace and ribbon to the bottom. Added some pearl flourishes another butterfly that I fussy cut from my patterned paper. The butterfly has a bit of mod podge on it to give it a slight shine.


Here is a close look at the lace and flourish.


  This is a sneak peek at a third banner bit that I started but don't yet have a letter for. 
What can I say, I was on a roll!


Thanks for looking! 
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Hugs!


3 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Fun details, LOVE the pearls over the lace! Glad you got some time to create~

Unknown said...

These are stunning! I'm hoping to start working on mine tomorrow. Beautiful work, as always!

Sandi McLean said...

Hasn't this been a fun project? The single pics do yours much more justice! Do remember to send me three individual pics or good scans of your pennants! Thanks Carol - it is lovely to have members who you just know will roll up the sleeves and jump in!