Sunday, April 17, 2011

What a day!

My day started a bit earlier than I had planned. My son decided to start the washer in the wee early morning hours. His late night call into work must have been a messy one. Around 6:30 am I heard the very squeaky dryer running right outside my bedroom door.

When I finally decided to get up I made myself something to eat, did a little cleaning then got out my crafty bits to make a couple of anniversary cards and a few more flowers. 
Unfortunately, before making anything I reached my arms up for a little stretch and OUCH!
I pulled a muscle in my neck. A lot of ibuprofin and a few bags of frozen peas, placed strategically on my neck several times today and I managed to accomplish what I hoped to do.

Here is a look at my cards...

 I inked everything with antique linen distress ink. 

The shabby chic flower is one I made a while ago.
 I added a bit of embossing powder to the edges of the image also.


The second card I made... 

 I added faded jeans as well as antique linen distress inks.

The image and the butterfly I got from Graphics Fairy. Love all the wonderful images Karen shares with us.
 The couples image I treated the same as the first card, with  inking and a bit of embossing powder on the edges. 

The butterfly was fussy cut, adhered to some Tim Holtz grungepaper with mod podge, topped with clear rock candy crackle paint and finally faded jeans distress ink. I also topped it with one of the flowers I made.

And speaking of flowers...
I only made a few today.
Now I think it is time for another bag of frozen peas and some more ibuprofin. 

Hope everyone has a great night!
Hugs all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous stuff here! I am always in awe of your handmade flowers!