Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Ok, call me crazy but here I sit, Easter morning, making things for Christmas. 
 
Here are four cards I made to enter in the Jingle Bella Card Challenge over at Bella Creations
Since it is spring we needed to add at least one flower on the card.


 
These two were both done using Distress inks - worn lipstick, crushed olive, tea dye and vintage photo. 
The flower is from Graphic Fairy
I mounted it, inked, then added some clear embossing powder around the edges.

The next two I used the same flower but the first one instead of adding clear embossing powder I painted a bit of glitter glue on the flower and leaf, then added some crushed olive distress ink all over. I also added some scroll stamping, in the crushed olive, for the background.


The last one I used a square stamp for the center then placed a blank piece of cardstock on top of it, that was slightly larger than the stamp, so I could add some swirls. Topped it off with the poinsettia that I fussy cut and clear embossed.


Jingle Bellas also had a challenge to make a dozen bows.
Unfortunately I do not have the room here to store 12 bows but if you know me you know I had to give it a try so here a two bows that I made this morning. 
 

 
 I'll just have to catch up later when I have a space with more room for storage.
 
Thanks for looking!
Hope everyone's Easter is hopping along happily!



 

1 comment:

Sandi McLean said...

I think your two bows are quite lovely! And as I said hmm you have been reading my mind I believe. You can count these two towards the next Jingle Bellas' Challenge!