Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cards, cards and more cards

After making the anniversary cards the other day I decided to keep going and made these...

 Yup, it's a Christmas card!
It's my very first easel card! 
It is one of my entries for this months Christmas card challenge over at Bella Creations in the Jingle Bellas group.
I have 3 more to make.
Since it is spring we had to have at least one flower on it.

Here's another Christmas card...
Don't have a flower for it though, not sure I want to put one on this. I like it the way it is.
I cut the holly leaves freehand and tried my hand at painting the veining on them with a bit of studio g ink, in an olive color. 
The background and the ephemera were inked with crushed olive and tea dye distressed inks.
 The ephemera, a Graphics Fairy find, was also topped with clear embossing powder. 
 
From Christmas to Easter...
My second easel card. 
This one is pretty simple. I painted some glitter glue on the flowers to bring them out a bit. 
Added some lace, giving it a window affect and a little flower.
Here is a close up of the flowers..
 The image is from the Tim Holtz idea-ology Seasonal paper  stash.


Not quite sure what this one will end up being...
 I was just playing around with some chipboard frames and this is what I did with them. 
There is crushed olive, faded jeans, wild honey, worn lipstick and tea dye distress inks all over the background paper as well as some clear embossing powder. 
I inked three of the frames and painted two. 
Added clear rock candy crackle paint on three lower frames, then added a bit of ink when it dried.
The double frame, which was a painted one, also got a bit of black glitter glue painted on. 
The little rectangle on the top right, one of the inked ones, got some clear embossing powder scattered on it then I brushed it with some paint and clear glitter glue. 


Thanks for looking!
Have a great day!


1 comment:

Micupoftea said...

Great job, love the hand cut holly leaves :)