Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beautiful Bonnet

 I thought I was done for the day but I couldn't help myself...

This is the tag I made for the Oh La La Challenge over at Bella Creations

Helene supplied us with the image of a woman with a beautiful bonnet for us to decorate. 
The only requirements were that it was to be a tag and the bonnet had to be decorated. We could use the bonnet without the woman but I couldn't tear her away from it. 


I put a couple of slits in the image at the edges of the bonnet so I could put a bit of lace through, then added the feathers and a bit of bling.
The background was a challenge in its self. 
I don't have my Cuttlebug here with me but I really wanted to use my new embossing folder so I inserted the colored paper and grabbed the jar I have a bunch of flowers in. Took a bit of elbow grease but it worked. I suppose a rolling pin would work too, but my son doesn't have one. 
I used a bit of black ink to highlight the embossing. 
The image is black and white because my hub's printer is out of color ink.
 
Thanks for looking. 
Hugs to all!
 

5 comments:

Heather said...

OMG...love the blue! You are one dedicated girl...using elbow grease to get an impression from a new embossing folder! I think I love you...lol. Crazy kewl! Hugs! Love how you decorated the hat too!

Lacee broyles said...

Gorgeous gal!!! So elegant!!!

Sandi McLean said...

Carol! I adore this - very elegant!!

2amscrapper said...

aren't you resourceful! Gorgeous entry for the Oh La La challenge!

Micupoftea said...

Love your submission! (Great flowers you have been making too)