Friday, February 1, 2013

Family Love...

Hello everyone!

Today I want to show you a piece I did a couple weeks ago.

 I had to buy a new vacuum recently since mine started smoking!
With my asthma I can't handle being around smokers so 
it had to go! 


As you know, with a new vacuum comes a BIG box so I started cutting and this is one of the shapes I cut.

I ripped a few areas of the top layer then
got out my snow cap paint dabber and covered the cardboard heart.

On top of that I decided to use a new mask (honey comb) I just got and some modeling paste. 
I added that in a couple different areas.

Next I wanted some shimmer so I sprayed 
perfect copper & green patina Perfect Pearls Mists 
and pink taffy Glimmer Mist.

I also added a little bit of vintage photo distress ink to the edges.

I, then, got out my hot glue gun and added the eyelet trim to the back edges.

Then the layering fun began.....

 The honey comb mask as well as this cute little key above is from SaCrafters.

I love that key!

I tied it onto a canvas tag, 
that I sprayed with pink taffy glimmer mist and prefect copper perfect pearls mist,
and stamped with walnut stain distress ink,
with a piece of pink & white twine form Really Reasonable Ribbon.

The silk ribbon below is also from RRR.

The rosey paper, 
Bo peep, from the Pockets Full of Poseys collection, 
 you can see in the above picture 
the label image below, from the Vintage Lables collage collection,
 that you can see below, are both from Gecko Galz.

 Under my Gecko Galz images I have a bit of gauze that I sprayed with the same sprays I used on the cardboard and canvas tag.

The chip board "Love" is painted with the snow cap dabber and sprayed with pink taffy then topped with tattered rose distress crackle paint here and there.
I wrapped a bit of the same pink and white twine that I used on the tag on the "L" and tied a bow.

I have to tell you...tying the bows and twine was a 
HUGE challenge
 with my BIG blue thumb

I love that little vintage trinket "Family" bulb from Prima!

 In the picture above you can see where I added a bit of lacy trim to the bottom of the heart, above the eyelet trim. 
I was a little worried about how that would look but it turned out nice I think!

Below is another full picture of the heart with a different background so you can maybe see it better.

A couple of eyelet/grommets and some wire to hang it and I'm done.....

Unless I change my mine and add some bling! 


If you'd like to take a peek, I posted a video of this heart over on my youtube channel

Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment