Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Birthday

Good afternoon everyone! 
Hope you all are enjoying a warm and cozy Saturday indoors!
I am sitting here relaxing with a cup of tea as light snow flurries fall outside. 

I want to show you the card I made for my niece's birthday...


She was in dance growing up so I thought this image from 
Gecko Galz Dance Divas collage set would be cute.

The blue paper is also from Gecko Galz...
the Pocket Full of Poseys paper pkg.

The rosy paper behind it is a collage set from my good friend Heather Hudson's collection on her etsy.
This sheet was actually pink but since I was going blue with this card and I already had the rosy paper set to go I inked it with tumbled glass distress ink.
The Happy Birthday banner piece is also from this collage set.
It was also pink so I inked it the same way to make it blue and instead of distressing the edges I simply added some black soot distress ink and added a couple of black brads.

I distressed the edges of both the Gecko Galz paper and Heather's rosy paper with my Tim Holtz distresser.

On the card blank I used weathered wood distress ink and a script stamp, 
a little bit of the tumbled glass distress ink,
then a little black soot distress ink along the edges.


The crochet ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon 
and the bling mesh around the dancer is from SaCrafter.

Stay warm!
Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Debi said...

Great card- love the dancing diva, Debi x