Saturday, February 9, 2013

Brick card...

Hi Everyone!

Today's card that I want to show you I did simply because I wanted to play with this months Gecko Galz images and papers.

The new paper pack, Pocket Full of Poseys, is one of my new favorite paper packs!

Here is my card...


The background was done with modeling paste and a mask/stencil from SaCrafters.

The burlap piece is from my stash.

The yellow polka dot ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


Above is a close up of the Gecko Galz... 
paper (behind the burlap),
image from the Childrens Hour collage set,
and 
jewel piece from the Fly Away Jewels collection.

The jewel piece I mod podged onto a wood shape, then I added some wild honey distress marker to the edges.
I love how that worked and plan on using some more of the jewels in the same way soon!

My Fly Away Jewel piece with it's bird bath and birdie fits into the 
Feathers & Fur challenge over at Sugar Creek Hollow 
so I will be linking up over there.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card Carol. Lovely texture with the burlap, but still soft and feminine. Beautiful images! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow Feathers and Fur Challenge this week.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Heather said...

Beautiful Card Carol! Love how you used the GG images!! Love the burlap and ribbon too!!
Hugs!!

PS...thank for playing with us at Sugar Cree Hollow too!!

Hugs from your BOLB
Heather