Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Christmas in the Bank...

Hi everyone!

Wow, I've been away from blogging for a while!
Darn seasonal depression is slamming me...don't feel like doing much of anything these days! 
I'm trying to fight through it right now...
which brings me to this post

Today I thought I'd work on, my friend, Sandi's challenge over at 

Sandi's challenge is titled Christmas in the Bank.
Every month she is giving us a challenge to help us be better prepared for Christmas with less last minute rushing.
I don't know about you but I could use that!

Last months challenge was to do 12 tags.
I did the twelve+ tags but never entered them into the challenge because of my depression...
kept forgetting to set up the blog post.

So here are the tags I did for last month.....


I did three different tags,
I used Gecko Galz and Graphic Fairy's images that I altered in Gimp.


This first one I used Graphic Fairies postcard and tree,
and Gecko Galz Santa.

I added a bit of platinum stickles to the edges.

The next two tags were done with Graphic Fairies images.....


I simply added some liquid pearls and glitter glue to the Santa tags.
The twine, pink crochet ribbon (above) and the sheer ribbon (below) are from Really Reasonable Ribbon


This last set of tags was distressed with my Tim Holtz distresser.
I only embellished the one tag with ribbon, pearls and rose, then mounted it on top of a piece of card stock.
I distressed it with a bit of vintage photo distress ink also.

The reason I embellished only one was.....

#1 I like the look of the image as it is 
&
#2 I tend to change my mind about my decor and wrapping last minute every time Christmas rolls around so I thought it would be easier to leave them as is and still be ahead of the game.

*****
This months challenge is Gift Card Holders

Here are the Card Holders I made today.....

the fronts....


I used the a couple of pieces of paper from the 
Visions of Christmas paper collection from K&Company.

I used Sandi's measurements to cut the paper, 
then cut a few thin strips to make a band around the card holder to keep it closed.
I fussy cut the images, from the paper line, to add to the bands.

I added a little bit of barn door stickles to the edges of the top flap.

the backs.....


Now to get over to Sandi's and post my entry with her!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Carol, glad that you are coming out of the funk, oh I do know what you are dealing with.

I adore your tags! My favs are the postcard ones. Funny I have had this small postcard sticker hanging at my desk for months because I knew there was an idea there!

Sweetest little gift card holders! Aren't they fun? Like the little band you created. I have given up trying to keep my "wrap" to a certain decor - because I also kept changing my mind!

Thanks for playing along! Biggest hugs!

Heather said...

OMG....look how OUT OF YOUR FUNK you were today!! These are all fabulous! I am so glad that you are feeling better...and I love what you did with the Gecko Galz images and Graphic Fairy images!!
Hugs and smootches from your
BOLB!!