Monday, April 2, 2012

12 tags of 2012 April tag...

Tim got me to finally try grunge board in my Cameo!

LOL

I have been saying I was going to try it but hadn't gotten around to it until I saw his tag this morning.

I knew I had a branch that would work so I couldn't avoid it any longer.

It took a little but I managed it and now I'm thinking I need some more grunge board!

Here's my tag...


I used coredinations paper for my tag. 

Pearl Paint Dabber on my Script Stampabilities stamp.

The Cuttlebug Organic Florish embossing folder.
I sanded it to bring out the core and show off the embossing.
You can see it in a few areas in this picture. 

A little brown & white twine, 
a gold circle metal piece,
 a little key and
 a piece of blue seam binding that I found in my mail box the other day (Thanks Heather!).


On the grunge board...
the branch has Vintage Photo Distress ink...
the leaves have Peeled Paint Distress ink...
the bird has Broken China Distress ink on the body, Vintage Photo for the legs and Mustard Seed Distress Marker for the beak.

I also added some Vintage Photo Distress Powder on the branch.
I don't think I did a very good job with that so added some Glossy Accents as well.

The little bulging bit of the branch is due to a knot in the wood!
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I'll be linking to Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2012 

Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, I really like your take on the background technique using the white to stamp and sanding to highlight your embossing. I think I will have to try this combination it looks fab.

Micupoftea said...

Nice techniques, Carol! I like the branch and bird...so sweet. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a good week :)

Sue said...

Love your tag! GrungeBoard IS addictive!!

Winnie said...

Fun tag! I love the black tag wit white over it. Cool look. Great tree and bird!

Heather said...

Love the tag Carol! The grungeboard branch and bird look awesome! Love the colors you used and the overall look of your tag!! Fabby!
Hugs!