Thursday, April 19, 2012

There once was a box of...


After seeing Carrie's first attempt at multimedia art I decided it was about time I gave in and tried it,

 sooo.....

 here it is.....


 The wrinkled bit is tissue paper.
The image is from Gecko Galz.
The wooden dragonfly is from Wild Orchids.


I love how this key came out...
I believe it's a Tim Holtz grunge board key. 
It was laying on my desk for a while now! LOL
I colored it with black soot distress markers then sprayed it with 
walnut gold Tattered Angels glimmer mist 
biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist.
Love the shimmer on it and the antique look of it.


I am roses flowers and leaves...


The two fancy banner cuts are from my Cameo and the piece in the middle is one I just cut using one of the cuts as a template.
I colored the bottom piece of the two with a pearl paint dabber.
The tops I used my distress markers, crushed olive and broken china.
The middle piece was a piece of grunge board that I used to test the colors of my distress markers then I just topped it with the pearl paint dabber and the colors bled through. 
It looks so pretty!


Ribbon from my mom's stash.
Buttercup liquid pearls.
Pearl spray from Pro 31 Design.


What do you think?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow for your first try, amazing!
I know Carrie is for sure inspiring all of us to try it. I went last night to buy a few supplies to give a try lol

Anonymous said...

Carol
This is sublime, the colours, the textures, the image and let us not forget, the humble cereal packaging. Where would us crafters be without the ability to raid the cupboards and drawers to see what we can utilise.
Wishes
Lynne
and also thank you for visiting earlier :)

tumblingcarrie said...

OH MY GOSH, GET OUT AND SHUT THE DOOR THAT IS MINDBLOWING CAROL. I LOVE IT

Lesley said...

Wow Carol, this is truly amazing for your first piece. I think you did a fab job. You will probably be hooked now thanks to Carrie....
Lesley♥

Sassy Raggedy said...

Ha, Carrie said get out and shut the door and I say open the door and let me back in....this is wonderful...I love how you have used the packaging from the cereal box. All the embellishing is awesome, I just love it...joann sassy raggedy