Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wall hanging

Good morning everybody! 

Happy weekend to you all!

I have been in a crafty slump lately. 
No real motivation.

Actually no real motivation for ANYTHING!

Been sitting on my butt a lot with the tv and computer on. 

Yesterday I complained about this "lack-o-mojo" to a couple of friends of mine,
then I went and checked a couple of blogs I frequent and saw this...


Is that pretty or what?
I love it! 

This was done by Lynne.
Here's a link to her blog post.
She always does such beautiful work!
If you haven't yet, go check her stuff out!

Lynne's piece is a hanging tag.....

Mine is a 5x7 hanging canvas.....


Some closeups...


I cut the butterfly using scissors and a diecut for a stencil.



I used my Cameo to diecut the grungeboard teacup.
It is colored with my 
distress markers..tea dye & crushed olive.


Above my flower cluster is mostly "I am roses".
The two small roses on the bottom left are Recollections.

Below are two more Recollections small Roses and an "I am roses" Rosebud.


Hey Lynne, 
Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Hugs!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is GOrgeous...love the butterfly!! and love all the flowers!! Great piece inspired by a beautiful piece. I love them both. Great Trims and beaded fringe...so Fabby!!
Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carol
Oh my goodness I cannot believe I could possibly inspire you, after all you are brimming with creativity and your wall hanging proves that. I adore your colour selection and the details of that gorgeous trim, the stitches the butterfly - a delight for the eyes.
Reading a comment such as you left for me and consequently visiting this post, it makes me feel incredibly humble so thank you for your absolute kindness.
Hope life is being kind to you and Carol if this is you in a crafty slump well I don't know what to say except to shake my head at you!!!!! Amazing and beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne