Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Card

Hopping through some blogs this morning I found that the 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge
had a sketch. 
I don't usually do sketches but this one struck something in me so off I went and this is what I did...


I made a gate fold card.

I used the coredinations paper, my kids got me for my birthday, in my cuttlebug, then sanded it to bring out the core a bit.


I added a little bit of rusty hinge distress ink on the edges as well as on the stamp.

It's a bit hidden but there is a piece of ribbon across the front of the card tucked under the pp's, I was surprised to see that I had a ribbon that matched this paper so well! 

I am entering this in  the...
Simon Says Stamp - Follow Dawny's Sketch challenge,
Shabby Tea Room - April Showers challenge,
Fashionable Stamping - Embossing
and 
Sugar Creek Hollow - Fancy Folds challenge.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Heather said...

Love the embossing and your take on the sketch. Love the color..and your flower looks fabby! Sweet stamp! I know of another challenge you can enter this :0)
hugs!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Carol :-) I love how you made this into a gate fold ! fabulous idea and the colours and whole design are lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Starr said...

Hi Carol, I'm so glad to see you at The Shabby Tea Room! Your card is gorgeous, the embossing and stamp look great! It's good to 'see' you again!

Hugs,
Starr

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love you card Carol. The colors are wonderful. joann sassy raggedy

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Carol, so pretty and I love the softness of the colours.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card, great shape and layers.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Tammy Roberts said...

Beautiful card! You have added lots of great detail, thank you so much for sharing it with us in The Shabby Tea Room!

Holly Young said...

Love that gate fold! fantastic stamp!

Thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

Holly SCH DT

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Carol, What a lovely, well thought out card. Love the colors and how you took the sketch one step further with a gate fold. Thanks for joining us this week at FSC! Best wishes, Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
This is beautiful, gorgeous colours and just so pretty.
Thank you for sharing with us FSC.
Wishes
Lynne