Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer

I don't usually have a plan...

When it comes to a project I am working on I tend to wing it until I like the way it looks.

Yesterday I had a plan...

Went into gimp and played with a couple of images.

Then off to my Silhouette Cameo to cut.

Everything's set to go...

No printer ink!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

No car at home so plans halted! 

Sooooo.....

First thing this morning I was at the store!

As soon as I got home I got to work and this is what I made...


The background papers and the lovely image are all from Gecko Galz.

The striped layer was yellow and white but I changed that white to an orange, in gimp.

I also used gimp to clean up the lovely lady image.

Then off to my Cameo to print and cut the lovely lady and the striped background.

I inked the edges with mustard seed and a touch of vintage photo.

The words I printed.

The leaves and blue flatback pearls are from Pro31.

And the rose bud that she is holding is from Wild Orchids.


In this close up you can see that I pop-dotted her and I love the look!

I love the way her hand was set so I could have her hold that rose. 
Always nice to do something fun and new like that!

***

I am linking up to ...

Twinkle Twinkle - Summer of Color wk 1
Tally Scrapper - Try something new challenge

Photobucket

22 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow this is just gorgeous!! Love the Gecko Galz papers & image & perfect for the Summer of Colour theme!!

Misty said...

So cute and Sassy! love it Carol! I soooo need to learn how to use Gimp! I have it, but haven't figured it out yet :(

Kristin said...

xo!

2amscrapper said...

Wonderful project! Great composition with Gecko Galz poducts.

Unknown said...

FUN, I like what you came up with for the color challenge!

Diana Taylor said...

What a fabulous piece - I love the images you've chosen and the way you have so stylishly put them together. Really fab.

Fishcake_random said...

This is a really sweet entry, I love the little details.
x x x

Fripperies and Butterflies said...

Ooh lala Carol...this is soooo cute if you dont mind I am putting it on the website today...muhahahaha.
Leanne
www.geckogalz.com

Heather said...

This is fabulous girl!! I just love she is holding the rose!! Welcome to the DT...I am sooo excited you are a Gecko Gal!!
Hugs!!

Netty said...

Loving your sassy entry for the SOC. Annette x

K J D said...

What a great image....love the frame effect.

Karen

Ritu Dua said...

Gorgeous and so much fun!

Carmen said...

Wait... am I reading that right? Your printer cuts out the image for you? Really? I am in total green envy right now if so :)

This is a gorgeous piece - reminds me of old Doris Day movies :)

Molly said...

love the retro feel of this one! perfect for these colors!

Tracey FK said...

That is a really fun solution... sorry I am so late getting here...xx

Sandi McLean said...

Great fun!!

JansArtyJunk said...

Your Rainbow Sherbert artwork is fun and fabulous... love it!! Looking forward to your week 2 now!!
Jan x

Caz said...

ah this is so much fun!

BJ said...

Great picture, just wish we got some sunshine here in the UK. Oh and thanks for the reminder to get DH a light box for his birthday. BJ

Mandy said...

Cute piece...xxx

Daniele Valois said...

so cute!

Fars Datter said...

Fresh and fun! I love it! :)