Friday, June 29, 2012

Handmade stamps

I'm still playing with carving my own stamps.

Here is the tag I made today...


On the top right is the leaf stamp I showed you earlier this week
and the top left are the two new ones I made...
a smaller leaf and a flower. 


Along with my stamps, the background is done with 
faded jeans, broken china, and crushed olive distress inks that I spread on my mat, 
I streaked a little bit of tea dye reinker all over, 
then sprayed with a handmade spray.
I dragged the tag through that.

I also added my favorite script stamp from Stampabilities.

The burlap is from my stash.

The lace is from Creating is fun

The image is from Gecko Galz Beautiful Bookmarks.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

You did such a remarkable job with the carving of the leaf stamp, Carol! This is not only perfect on this tag, but will easily transfer to others (think Christmas!). Love following your blog!

2amscrapper said...

Wow, Carol--I'm so impressed that you are making your own stamps! Beautiful creation!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful as usual. Congratulations on your win for one of the prizes at Candy's Candy blog...joann sassy raggedy