Monday, June 18, 2012

Mint Chocolate Chip

It's week two of the Summer of Color challenge at Twinkle Twinkle.

The inspiration is Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Over at Sugar Creek Hollow this weeks challenge is 
More is Better.

Combining the two I came up with this...


Mint Chocolate Chip colors with LOTS of embellishments.

The brown carnations (I am roses) I hit a bit with some vintage photo distress stain then sprayed with one of my homemade sprays.

The blue/white dogwoods (I am Roses) as well as the little rose buds (Wild Orchids) are sprayed with another homemade spray with a hint of green for that minty hue. 

The two tone brown rose in the center is from Wild Orchids.

The clear gem and the brown teardrop spray bits that I have tucked in around the flowers are from Pro31.

The dangling trim was from my stash. 

Here is a close up of my "ice cream"


I'm linking up to ... 
Twinkle Twinkle - The Summer of Color wk 2
Sugar Creek Hollow - More is Better


Photobucket

19 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love your pretty flower "ice cream" -- -such a pretty card!

Joyce said...

So pretty!

Gisèle said...

I love your use of the teardrops !!

Diana Taylor said...

Such a pretty tag - I love the Victorian feel to it - all your embellishments are beautiful.

Caz said...

Oh what a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

I am melting!!!
Wonderful idea to create a cone and the addition of the teardrops - so special. Remind me of when the ice cream starts to melt and drip over the cone.
Wishes
Lynne

BJ said...

Gorgeous, great texture too. - BJ

carol l mckenna said...

Great creation ~ lovely details and unique ~ ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

Mandy said...

This is lovely...great idea to have flowers at the end of the cone...xxx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Carol look at this. Beautiful and so creative. joann sassy raggedy

Ritu Dua said...

Wow ! this is creative and cute!

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! The best looking mint chocolate chip ice cream I have seen!! That trim is gorgeous!! I love all your flowers!! Beautifully done Carol!! Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow girlfriend!!
Hugs
Heather...you know..your best online buddy :0)

Carolyn Dube said...

Stunning- those dangles compliment the flowers perfectly!

Patti P. said...

Gorgeous, such a beautiful vintage cone. Love the grid paper you used for the cone and the trim is fab!!
Thanks so much for sharing this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Renee Matarese said...

This is so creative! I love the flower cluster and the crystals make me think of dripping ice cream. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow. See you again soon.
Renee

Joanna said...

Very pretty :o)

Starr said...

Carol how fabulous! I love it ,so wonderfully unique! It is certainty a fav of mine!!
Hugs
Starr

Molly said...

I love how you've combined the two themes... especially when it comes to ice cream-- isn't more always better?!?
very pretty vintage feel.

Sandi McLean said...

Lovely piece Carol!