Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lightbox

I've been wanting to make a light box for quite a while now but wasn't sure how to go about it. 

I watched a few tutorials... looked simple enough... but...

Darn procrastination!

Nothing new these days!

LOL

About a month ago...

 I finally grabbed some small dowels from Walmart and a piece of white fabric.


Then I waited and thought some more about how I was going to do it.

Realized I didn't buy enough dowels, I bought some more last week.

Yesterday, after finding out that I didn't have any ink in my printer and
 in the mood to create something,
 I decided to get myself in gear and give it a try. 

Tools in hand...



Scissors to cut the dowels.

I cut them about 15 inches long.

That gave me enough room so that I can get a 12x12 layout in there if I want to.


Twine to (hopefully) tie it all together.

I tied a couple of dowels together...


Once I had a couple of squares, for the top and bottom, I started adding the dowels for the sides.


Lots of twine!!!

Not very pretty!

Then came the "now how do I get the material on there?" thought!

Oh and the realization that I also didn't buy enough fabric!

LOL

Grabbing the scissors again 
and 
a few little safety pins...


This is what it ended up looking like from the inside...


Definitely primitive but for now it works.

I don't have the lights to place around the sides but I found that as long as the sun is coming through the window behind the box it works great!

If you look here
or
you will see a couple of pictures that I took inside my new creation.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sweet!! So you are crafty and handy..as well as thrifty!! Wooo Hooo girlie!!

fairyrocks said...

Clever girl, it looks like an exotic tent.
Very nice. Keep smiling and creating

trisha too said...

The "it works" part is the important thing, yes?

Now, the real question is,

Will you come to my house and make me one?
I'll help . . .

:)