Friday, June 8, 2012

Masculine Card

The other day I felt like playing in gimp. 

I took 6 Gecko Galz images and put them all together to make this tag...


I started with the music sheet tag from the new Tagyourit collection.
Then I added the old car piece from the new Manoman collection.

The flowers you may recognize because I love them and use them all the time. 
Just look at my blog background! lol
They are from the December freebie Leanne sent out to those of us who get the Gecko Galz newsletter!
You definitely want to sign up for that!

An old letter and the postcard butterfly are from the Postal collection.

And last but certainly not least
is a sheer postcard, up on the top right hand edge of the tag and it's from the Picture Perfect collection. 

***
Yesterday,
 after spending most of the day cleaning my office,
 I decided to put my tag on a card...


I simply layered a couple of papers, one I crinkled, the other I left flat.
Then added a piece of burlap 
and 
pop dotted my tag on top. 

I used wild honey, rusty hinge, and walnut distress inks all over.
The bling mesh and crinkled seam binding are from Pro31 Design. 


Here's a close up of the tag all inked and blinged...


I'll be entering this in the...
 Gecko Galz - Father's Day challenge
Sugar Creek Hollow - Father's Day challenge
Joyful Stampers - Anything Goes challenge

***
Links...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Oh my, this card is so lovely and elegant! I just love it!

Sandi McLean said...

Oh and look at you getting all "Gimpy"! I am so impressed! "Gimp" is still a foreign language to me..LOL Hope you are keeping well, hugs,

Heather said...

Welcome to the Gecko Galz DT BOLB!! I am so excited about our designing together!! LOVE the tag!! It turned out great on the card. I love the flowers!!
Great Vintage feel!! Hugs from your BOLB :0)

Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Mixed Kreations said...

Oh, I love your card. I agree with Susie Craft Happy, it is very lovely and elegant. You did a GREAT JOB!!! Love it!!!

Renee Matarese said...

This is fantastic! I use Gimp occasionally and I didn't know you could do cool stuff like this. I love the fabric and DP on the card too. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Renee