Friday, April 17, 2015

Altered drawer...

Good morning!
Hope all is well with everyone!

Today I want to share a drawer that I found at an antique mall & altered.

I'm not much in a crafty mood these days
(depression & health issues can be such a pain in the rump)
 so I am trying to focus on cleaning, organizing and decorations for my home.

When I bought this drawer I didn't really have a plan, 
other than that I wanted to alter it in some way.

I bought it home and set it on the very messy floor in my office.

During one of my cruddy moods recently I decided that I was going to keep busy and the first place I headed for was that messy office floor!
(maybe I should do a post about that as well...we'll see)

In the midst of that cleaning spree I had my ah ha moment,
I was going to get rid of an unorganized mess on my desk and replace it with this drawer!

 

Woohoo,
Lookie, lookie....I took a before picture!


If you know me then you know I never remember to take a before picture of these things!


I used a Graphic 45 paper,
a Tim Holtz grunge board flourish, 
a piece of ribbon,
metal filigree flower, 
some mulberry flowers,
a yarn flower (made by me),
and some pearl trim bits.


After painting the drawer with cream (inside)
and black (outside)
I sanded here and there.


I finished off with a bit of vintage photo distress ink all over the paper.


Below you can see that I also sanded my flourish after painting it. 


Thank you for stopping by!
Wishing you all a warm, wonderful spring!
Stay dry!

Post a Comment