Thursday, January 2, 2014

Today's the day!

Good morning everyone!

What an exciting day!

is issuing their very first challenge today!

Think Valentines Day!

All you need to do is grab a collage set from Heather's Etsy
make whatever your heart desires,
with a Valentine's theme,
 then come back and link up at My Artistic Adventures first challenge!
Easy Peasy!

I'm on the DT and have made a couple of things to inspire you.

I might have gotten a little carried away snapping up a bunch of Heather's beautiful collage collections but I couldn't help myself!
Wait till you see them, you'll want them all too!
(I have a link to all the collage sheets I used within my post)

This post is a bit picture heavy so I'll try to keep from being too wordy!

My tag, 
Front...
I used glossy accents on the bird, liquid pearl (rouge) on the rose & around the edges of the tag and glitter on the leaves.
The back...
more glitter and liquid pearls.

Below.....
topped with
and 
some word blocks left over from the 
Romantic Rose Bird tag set above.
I used the glossy accent & the glitter, again, on the heart and sentiment boxes.
Below you can see the sides of the box where I used the 

Next.....
My tussie mussie...
I decorated all sides the same.
No glitter on this one, just a little black soot distress ink on the edges.

And from the same collage sheet I used the heart topper to make the card below.
I started with a tag from the 
then heart topper with a
More glitter, on the hearts edges and around the focal (Thank You sentiment).

Once I saw the Alpha focals I knew I wanted to make banners for my granddaughters,
 who love when I make things to hang on their walls,
 so this is the first one of 4 that I will be making.
I started with the hearts from the
collage sheet
 A closeup below of one of the hearts & alpha focal pieces...
more glitter!

Below is a combo Birthday/Valentines Day card for my niece.
I used the 
 Here is a close up of the pug.
I topped him with glossy accents.
You can also see I broke out the glitter again! 

And last...
This is what happens while I'm waiting for glitter & glue to dry...
 I use leftover pieces from the 
and a couple of the 
Conversation Heart bases were cut for the base.

*****

To find the glitters and bakers twines I used here are a couple of links...

Really Reasonable Ribbon - bakers twine

***

I hope I've inspired you to join us in this new adventure!
Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's inspiration pieces too!
You can find links to their work over on Heather's blog.







6 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Carol, you are a rock star! What a fabulous collection of projects! They certainly should get the creative juices flowing for challenge participants!

Heather said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! ALl of your creations are Beautiful Carol!! You are the bestest!!

Hugs!!
BOLB!!

Starr said...

Wow! Carol you are the bomb! What a gorgeous set of projects, there is no way that I could pick are fav, they are all fantastic!

Shea said...

OMG, this collection is amazing!! Your brain must be in creative overdrive and I'm sooo in awe! These are gorgeous and so vintage and sweet!

Sandi McLean said...

WOW what a selection of eye candy! I am going "shopping for more collage sheets"...after seeing your creations. Hugs,

Unknown said...

Wow, very impressive! I love all of your projects and was so inspired by each one. I'll be keeping up with your blog through Google + now. :) Thanks for joining our linky party at Make It Monday!