Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wall hanging

Hi friends!

I feel like I've been away for a long time!

I am finally feeling better...
shoulder pain has eased
 and
 the cold my daughter shared with us is finally gone.

***

On a good day I made this wall hanging...


I started with gesso, 
then added some blue texture paint with a stencil here and there.

The S is a grunge board alpha.
I sprayed it with Stream Adirondack Color Wash then with 
Walnut gold Glimmer Mist.

Love the shimmer!

I topped that off with some Glossy Accents.


I pop dotted it on top of a piece of lace that I hit with the heat gun a little bit which melted and tightened up the lace a bit. 
Don't know if you can really see the effect but I liked the look of that.


I sprayed the flowers with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist.

For the large rose and one small rose bud, from I am roses, I used Chipped Sapphire Distress Marker on the edges before spraying with the Glimmer Mist. 

The carnations are also from I am roses
and the light blue roses are from my stash.


I tucked a couple pieces of pearl trim, from my stash 
and a couple of leaves (I am roses) underneath.

The hinge is another piece of grunge board. 
I sprayed it with Suede Glimmer Mist and added a couple of brads.

The blue wheat spray is from Pro 31 Designs


 A piece of burlap, trim and bling that I through together was added to the bottom.

A couple of eyelets and browned covered wire for the top to hang it
and that is my wall hanging tag!

***

Thanks to everyone who left well wishes for me while I was under the weather!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Ju Budant said...

Absolutely wonderful!

hazel said...

A beautiful wall hanging - glad you're feeling better.
xxx Hazel.

Sandi McLean said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend! After your note I went digging in my spam and there was your note, yikes. Found a lot of messages actually so have to figure that out. The address you sent me was the one I had..Keep well! Hugs,

Anonymous said...

This is just incredible. The detail is amazing. Thanks for all the close up shots!
Regards
Ginny

Heather said...

This is fabulous Girlie!! I Love how the "s" turned out..love the color, shimmer and glossiness!! I love all the elements you added..love the texture of the gesso and texture paint! I am glad you are feeling better.
Hugs!!
from your BOLB :0)