Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pretty in Pink

My sore shoulder is being kind to me today, which is really nice since my dear daughter was kind enough to share the cold she had last week and now I have no voice and one heck of an aching body!
UGH!

A couple of nights ago,
when I was feeling a bit better,
I decided to make this card for the challenge over at 
Sugar Creek Hollow...


The little beauty is from the Monday's Child collection 
Also from Gecko Galz is the piece I mounted her on, from the 
Versailles Paper collection

I used a piece of coredinations paper for the background that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Script embossing folder.
Then I sanded it a bit to enhance the embossing.

(I would show you a close up of the embossing but my camera has decided to make picture taking a bit tricky for me. The screen has gone white so I can no longer see what I my pictures look like until I upload them, so close ups are pretty impossible...big blurs!)

I inked the edges of the image and background papers with worn lipstick distress ink.

A little pink taffy glitter mist on a couple pieces of lace from my stash.
One tucked under the torn edge and another under the photo.

I added a string of pink flat back pearls that my wonderful friend Heather sent me.

And lastly...a few flowers from my stash.

Linking to...
Sugar Creek Hollows - Pretty in Pink

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
You are having a rough time at the moment.
She is adorable as is the card, full of sweetness.
Wishes
Lynne

Patti P. said...

Carol, so pretty, I love the embossed script bg and she is a beauty. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Patti SCH/DT

Renee Matarese said...

Very pretty. I love the lacy border. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow. See you again soon. Renee

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! I love the image and papers!! Fabby distressing and layers!! Thank you for joining us at SCH....Hugs from your BOLB!!

2amscrapper said...

beautiful card, Carol! I hope you are feeling better by now!

Carol Salisbury said...

Yes, Helene, I am feeling better! I've been catching up on all the cleaning, shopping and other running around that was neglected while I was sick! Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon!
Thanks!