Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's a triple

I'm playing over at 
Bella Creations 
again!

Helene 
over in the
Oh la la Group
gave us this image to use in a project. 
We could make a tag, ATC or bookmark using this image
from Gecko Galz...


Here is my entry...


My hub's still hasn't gotten around to getting the ink for his printer so my image printed pink. 
I took faded jeans, mustard seed, weathered wood and brushed corduroy distress inks and smeared a couple areas on my mat, then gave them a spritz of some perfect pearls/water mist that I made. I used a tiny brush and painted my car. 
I colored the bumper, grill and hubcaps with a silver ink pen. 
I also used some tea dye & weathered wood distress inks on the letter that is tucked in under the car. 

The polka dot paper is from my  
Graphic 45 Curtain Call 
paper pack that I won. 
Sent to me from Flying Unicorn.
Yay, I finally got to use it!

The flower is one that my bbff, Heather, sent to me. 
I added the pearl.

I added a bit of black glitter glue to the edges of the tag, a piece of lace ribbon and my $1 find from Michael's - the three stud embellies.

It's a tag! 

Continuing on...
 
Now Shawn's challenge,
in her group,
Viola Ink...

Shawn is letting us use the same image from Helene's challenge but she want's anything but  a tag! 
I think we all went a little tag happy last month so she is giving us a little tag-less nudge! 

I have to admit though tags are an easy go-to for me.
Without all my stash, nor the room to put all my work, tags, cards, bookmarks, etc are easier for me to store than the layouts and mini's I wish I could be putting together right now. 

Now the group is called Viola Ink so you know we have to ink our projects. 
She also gave us the option of adding a little masking for an additional entry into the challenge.

My entry...


 Using the tag that I already made for the Oh la la challenge I added a longer piece of metallic cardstock, from DCWV, now making it a bookmark! 

I used a piece of the lace ribbon for some masking on the metallic piece, using some black soot distress ink.

Yay, Pretty bookmark! 

Here we go again...

Starr 
over at 
the Cartes Classiques Group
also said we could use the same image Helene gave us. 
As per the name of the group it is to be a card!

Sooo...

Yup, I took my tag,
that I made into a bookmark,
and
added it to a card!

What else would I do with it! LOL

Here it is...


With a piece of black cardstock and another piece of my G45 polka dot paper, I have a card.
I put a couple of slits in the bottom of the polka dot paper to slide the bookmark into.
To hold the top of the bookmark down on the card I added a couple larger stud embellies. 

Ta-da!

Ah, but I'm not done yet!

Starr said she was also thinking of an additional challenge with
"I'm thinking of you" 
as a theme.

Here it comes...

When the recipient of my card
that was a bookmark
that was a tag
removes the bookmark
they will see this...


I added a piece of Recollections Elegance cardstock.
Added a "Thinking of you" stamp from 
Wishes All Around by Fiskars.



Finished it off with glitter glue to the edges.

Here is a look of the whole collection...


Oops!
Guess that makes it a quadruple!

 
This was fun! 
No one said these had to work together like this but I just couldn't resist the challenge!
Heehee, I guess that was my part in the challenge. 



Thanks for strolling through
Hope you have a great week!


7 comments:

Carla said...

OMG girl, amazing...........look at all the different things you did for all the challenges, you ROCK!

2amscrapper said...

You are one clever crafter! Love how it's a bit different for each of the challenges!

Micupoftea said...

Houdini project! Woohooo! I LOVE the masking you did with the lace, Carol!! way to go :)

Heather said...

I love how these turned out...I like how the car printed! Way Cool! Hugs!

hazel said...

Fabulous pieces, all of them different.
xxx Hazel.

Carole of Brum said...

Really clever what you did in all 4 projects, I love what you did with that image. CoB

Cathy said...

Awesome job on the challenge! I love your creations!