Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a week!

Grandkids and a birthday party make one busy and tired Grammy! 

My week was filled with party errands. 
My grandson's beach birthday party, on Saturday. 
Thankfully the rain, that was suppose to start the same time the party did, held off until the party was over.

A good time was had by all!

We had my grand daughter as well as my grandson here for the weekend. 
My grand daughter was having too much fun at Grammy's to go home after the party so she stayed another night. 

When Monday rolled around I thought I would be able to relax but not so much!
I have a tremendous headache right now!

 And why you might ask...

The girl that we gave one of our dogs to in October texted me to tell me that the dog was not feeling well and she wanted to know if I could help her pay to take her to the vet. 
To make a long story short...
the dog is mine once again. 
She is a little sore but doing fine.

After picking up my little Mopsey Poo and taking care of her I headed for therapy.

This is what I made...


I will be entering this in the June Tres Chic challenge over at  

We needed to make something soft and dainty. 
The colors creme, soft pink, yellow and pale green.
Elements are a button, feather, cherub, doily(paper or fabric) & flower.


The Dusty Attic piece is my first piece! 
It was a gift from my bbff Heather!
I had fun altering it.
I painted it a creamy white and used some alcohol ink (Slate, Meadow & Currant) and pounced them all over.
Then added some Glossy Accents. 

The cherub & butterfly was also a gift from Heather.
I put a little glitter glue on her wings.


The feathery flower with button center is one I made. 

Don't know if you can really see it but the hand stitching is a pale yellow, it almost blends into the paper (Prima's Botanical Collections "True Words").


I also want to show you the birthday card I made for my grandson! 


He loved it! 
The characters were a big hit!

Another gift from Heather, the tags were white I inked them with Crushed Olive and Pine Needles Distress inks and added the Happy Birthday stamp. 

My number stamps are in storage so I improvised with the 3, using a tiny little flower stamp.

And a little hand stitching to finish it off. 


Thanks for stopping by.

Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow is a nice quiet day!

Have a great week everyone!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning work on the Dusty Attic piece. I'm drooling over your project.

Heather said...

I just love what you did with the goodies I sent you...and your Birthday card is way CUTE! Love how you used the flower stamp..to make a three! Fabulous! I LOVE the hand stitching!