Monday, June 27, 2011

I'd rather be fishing...

Hi Everyone! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

Some of you know that I just recently lost my nephew.

Unfortunately I was unable to go to the services/memorials so this is what I did instead...
Since he and his younger sister spent a lot of time fishing together and she will be missing him terribly now,  I wanted to do something special for her. 

This mini is filled with all the fishing pictures of them together, that I was able to snag off of her facebook page.

I love this picture of her in her casting stance. 
She is not messing around! LOL

I left her a bunch of tags so she could write little notes or stories about their times together and maybe add a photo or two. 

I haven't decided yet what I will do with the last page but here is a look at that..


I am linking this post to the Graphics Fairies

I used the 
Salt and Fresh Water Fish
image from Karens collection. 
 I added some vintage photo distress ink and Crackle accents to age it.

To see more of Karen's wonderful images hop on over to 
and enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Have a great week!




4 comments:

Micupoftea said...

Condolences...so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful idea to make this album for your neice! Love the images and colors. Touching~

Anonymous said...

A beautiful piece of work for such a sad reason. My heart goes out to your family.

Suz said...

What a lovely gift! So meaningful and thoughtful.

Heather said...

This is so thoughtful of you..and love that you were able to get her photos off FB..what a wonderful gift!! You are one of the most giving gals I know!! Hugs
Heather