Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby sitting

Have done no crafting at all these past few days. 
A dear online friend lost her husband suddenly a few days ago and I am watching my dear grandson while his mom is away for a few days and dad (my son) is at work. 

Depressed about my friends loss, wish I could be there for her. So glad she has family and friends close by, to be there with her.

My grandson is 2 1/2 and a handful. We have been playing with his cars and trucks ALOT! Definitely his favorite thing to do. He also likes running between me and his auntie, when she is home from school, and scaring us using a dragon toy. Today however he found something else to play with and unfortunately Grammy's eyes were turned in the other direction.

Dry erase marker.

Says it all doesn't it?

He colored the kitchen table, the counter, the wall (flat paint), and his legs, arms, & belly, as well as a few other odds and ends.

The table cleaned up nicely. The counter cleaned up nicely. The odds and ends cleaned up nicely too.
His body parts, however, now have faded lines and dots all over the place. I think tubby time will take care of that though. 

The wall, unfortunately, did not fair that well. Been online and I will be trying some of the things I found, to try to remove it.  
Wish me luck.


1 comment:

Heather said...

I too have been feeling depressed about our online friend's husband passing away suddenly. I am working on a card for her...not sure what to say.
I remember when my youngest went through the drawing on things with markers...lol. What a nightmare. We had Metal Mario images on everything. Needless to say...I had to do some painting. Some of them are still around.
Spring is getting closer....so hopefully things will be more cheery for you...and you can get some creating done! Hugs!