Monday, March 21, 2011

Altered Notebook

This is a notebook I altered for the challenge in group l'art a transformé at Bella Creations. We could alter anything, use some sort of paint, a metal element and something 3D. I had been wanting to alter a small notebook to chart my asthma, breathing readings. Now I have one. The images I used are from Magic Moonlight Studio.

 


 I painted the patterned paper on one side, a bit of dry brushing, then I inked with Distress Inks-wild honey, worn lipstick & tea dye. I used the same Distress Inks on the images. My 3D element is the metal bit. 
I haven't stitched anything on my projects in a long time, I love how this came out.

Thanks for stopping by!
Scrap Happy!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I see you are from New Cumberland....I worked for the State for 15 years so I'm familiar with the area. I just joined Bella because I love those old vintage photos and designs! Have a great day! Mandy

Unknown said...

Hi! I just joined Bella Creations and you left a sweet comment on my page! I'm from Pa too! Worked for the state for 15 years so I'm familiar with the area. Have a great day!
Mandy

Heather said...

Ohhh Pretty! I love that PP...and the colors! Great little images too! Beautiful Carol! Hugs!

Micupoftea said...

I love the colors, Carol...great stitching too! Thanks for sharing this at Voila, Ink!

Micupoftea said...

THANKS for sharing this at Voila, Ink! LOVE the colors :)

Unknown said...

Carol,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment on the spring mini. I am so hoping Starr will like it.
Have a sunshine day.
Michele

Starr said...

Hi Carol, I love your journal! Praying for good news from the west!

Gerri Herbst said...

Love this sweet journal especially the stitching.take care, gerri