Monday, November 10, 2014

Little Red Christmas card...

Hey Friends!

I'm in Christmas card making mode! 
I shocked myself the other day by making 5 fairly quickly!
Don't know if that's ever happened before and
 I'm pretty sure it won't happen again too often! 
LOL

How are you doing in the Christmas card making department?
Are you quick?
Do you make several in one sitting?

Ok, so there's a little secret as to how I was able to make 5 so fast and
 I'll tell you how I did it..... 

I made a few little tags a little while ago 
(not 5 in one day)

I thought some would go on the tree or maybe as package tags but once done I thought.....
 "They might look good on a card!"

I set them on my desk,
collecting them as they were made,
until I was ready to assemble some cards!

The first one I'll show you today is the one I call 
Little Red
because in her cute little red outfit she reminds me of 
Little Red Riding Hood!

Here it is.....


This little cutie is part of the Snow Babies collage set at 
Gecko Galz!
Isn't she cute?

I used platinum stickles around Red's image, 
as well as on the oval diecut and 
on the image itself for a snowflake affect!

The background, polka dot, paper is from 
Saint Nick paper by Fancy Pant's Designs

The holly paper and the shimmery red card stock are from my old scrap box.

I used a corner punch for the white card stock piece of my tag. 

I layered my image, 
with pop dots, 
on top of the oval doily/diecut I did with my Cameo, 
laying that on top of a piece of scrap ribbon.

Once I had my tag on my card I punched a couple of scalloped circles,
 (out of a few pieces of scrap sheets of the Saint Nick papers that I used on another card)
cut them and tucked them under the tag.

Below is a peek at the inside...


Wishing you a quick card making season!

*****
Don't forget to hop over to Gecko Galz Blog for our 
Christmas Joy Challenge!
All you need to do is use one of Gecko Galz images to enter!
For more Challenge & prize info go HERE

***
Oh.....
 if you are looking for a place to join 
a great Design Team
and 
play with an amazing selection of products,
check out the Design Team Call at Gecko Galz!
Go HERE for more info
HURRY though the call will be ending November 20th
Can't wait to see who will be joining us!

***


*****

I'm linking up with 

Thanks for visiting!

Have a great week!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol,
I so love this card.
Gorgeously nostalgic.
Wishes
Lynne

Mema's Crafts said...

A nice vintage card with lovely details. Thanks again for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts. Hope you'll visit often.