Friday, June 20, 2014

Altering...

Hi everyone! 

Today I want to show you a couple of pieces that needed a good paint job!

Once again I forgot to get the before picture! 

This first picture is after the first coat of paint...
also in the picture is the outer box of a set of drawers I also painted!


You can see the color of the wood that it was inside the seat of the chair. 
Along with the need of painting I also had to sand down the rungs pretty good because they were chewed by a puppy we no longer have.
(same puppy that tore the carpet in the living room just to the right of the chair...some day we'll be able to replace that...one thing at a time!)

Below is the seat cover that was on it.....

UGLY!

This is what it looks like now.....


Here's a bit of a closer look at the paint, distressing and waxing I did.....


***

Below are the drawers before painted!

Yay, I got one before shot! 
LOL


Each knob was a different color...
kidsy cutesy...
 not what I wanted!

Below you can see the finished piece.....


The outside is a creamy white,
a coral pink on the drawer faces and  
brown for the drawer pulls.

To fancy it up a little more I added some lace trim around the inside of the top.


Now I have a pretty new place to put all my little bits and bobs!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!






Post a Comment