Friday, May 2, 2014

Altered Bike

Hi everyone!

Tonight I want to share the Prima Bike that I altered.

I was so excited when I bought this bike but like every other thing else, 
that is out of the norm,
 I got it and put it aside, 
afraid to do anything to it for fear of ruining it! 

It took a while but I finally played and this is what I did.....


I took the bike off the base,
sanded it and added some vintage photo distress stain,
then added mod podge.

From there I got out my painted and bravely added some rose buds, leaves and vines.....
then a big sigh of relief...
I like how they came out! 
LOL


I gesso'd the bike, then added vintage white Folk Art paint.
When that was dried I added, with a dry brush, some burnt umber, then wiped it off a bit.

I topped that with rock candy distress crackle paint.

Here you can see the painting and crackle.....


I put the bike back together on the base and began to embellish it.

Starting with the Prima's Stationers Desk paper pkg.
I cut a circle for the inside of the front of the bike.
I also, using the Tattered Florals TH die, 
cut the pieces for my large flower.
Both circle and floral die cuts were inked with vintage photo distress ink. 


I added the paper circle to the bike and topped that with a circle chipboard piece that I painted with the vintage white, 
topped with rock candy distress crackle paint and vintage photo distress ink.

I took a string of pearls and glued that all around the inside and started adding my flowers.

I tucked some gems and pearl strings in with the flowers.

I took a resin piece and painted it with burnt umber then rubbed it off, 
topped it with a bow and added it inside the bike. 


I finished off the inside of the bike with a little piece of lace trim that I sprayed with a couple different sprays.

I wanted to add the frame to the outside so I grabbed a frame I've been hanging on to for a while, 
from Michaels $1 bin, 
and painted it with a mix of colors then wiped it off a bit. 
I added a butterfly that I had fussy cut and added glossy accents to.


Wanting the frame to be removable,
 so I could change out the photo when I want to, 
I laid it on the base and added flowers around it.
Along with being pretty, the flowers brace the frame from sliding off the base.


Below is another look at the finished piece.


*****
If you'd like to see a video of this project you can see it HERE

*****

I purchase my bike at
Moore Art from the Heart Art Fire store

The image inside frame... My Artistic Adventures

*****
Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment