Thursday, June 20, 2013

United We Stand wall hanging...

Hi everyone!

Today I wanted to pop in with another piece I made for the 

I once again am using the stamp designed by 
Karen Strubel titled United We Stand.

I was in the mood to play with cardboard
(since I have a pile of it here in my room)
so I made a wall hanging.....


I tore the top layer of paper off the cardboard then painted it with gesso.

I ran a bunch of glue in streaks all over, 
then added some blue glitter
(Dreams from Art Glitter).

In between all the sparkling blue streaks I added more glue streaks and topped that with Coral Reef Glitter also from Art Glitter.

I printed two of the stamps, 
colored them with my spectrum noir markers, 
then I fussy cut the center star out so I could pop dot it on top of the other.

I added a bit of yellow glitter glue (dollar bin) to the wings.

The challenge requirements are the use of buttons & ribbon 
and 
the colors red, white, blue

I stacked a red, a white and a blue button on top of each other 
then put them on top of a little bit of silver ribbon that I curled with my scissors.

I finished it off with a couple of brads that I strung a bit of colored wire into to hang it.


Above you can see my stacked buttons and ribbon.

Below is a close up of the glitter streaks and glittery wings.


We'd love to see you enter the challenge,
everyone is welcome to join in!

And don't forget.....
Jody has a mystery prize for the winner!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sassy Raggedy said...

How creative...I have to try one of these...Hugz, joann