Thursday, June 13, 2013

Our first challenge!!!

Good afternoon everyone!

We are excited over at 
We have posted our first challenge!

For this challenge you can make any project.
 You must use...
Ribbon, buttons and the colors red white & blue

Being on the DT I am also required to use this cute stamp designed by Karen Strubel
(you can find the stamp here if you would like to use it as well)

The card I created.....


Told you this stamp was cute!

I got out my red, white & blue gel pens for this stamp.
I wanted to highlight the stitching around the stars and the ribbon on their heads.
I also used them on their eyes and the dots on their wings.

The pens give it a bit of an embossed look.
You can see a little bit of that in the picture below.....


To tint the stars & bows I used 
faded jeans, fired brick and weathered wood distress inks that I tamped on my craft mat, 
added some water to and painted on.

Then I used some shimmery Hampton Art glitter glue from Michaels $1 bin for their wings.


I also added some blue and red glitter glue to the edges of the stamped paper.

I pop dotted the stamp that I fussy cut.

Wrapped a piece of ribbon around my patterned paper, tied a bow and topped it with my blue button that I threaded a bit of red & white twine through.

Another look at my finished card.....


***********

I hope you will join us,
add your red, white & blue project with ribbon and buttons,
to our challenge!

Anyone can enter!
Click here to see the details and to post your entry!

Oh there is a mystery prize for the winner!
(can't wait to see what that is) 


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card. Lovely image and great detailing.
Amelia