Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thank You...

Good morning everyone! 

Today I have a Thank You card to show you.

My BOLB...Best Online Buddy...Heather
recently sent me a wonderfully sparkling birthday gift.....

Lots of glitter! Yay!

As soon as I got it I had to play and what better to start with than a Thank You card for her?

So here it is.....


I started with a card blank,
distressed the edges, 
added a bit of vintage photo distress ink, 
and 
folded the cover on an angle.

I took a piece of paper from the Dapper Dan collection at Gecko Galz.
The paper I chose is called At the Station.

I got out one of my damask masks and added some 
Dazzelerz in Tutti Frutti from Shimmerz Paints...
love the shine on it!

On top of that I started layering...
cheese cloth...sprayed with 
Cotton Candy & Treasured Hymn Spritz...also from Shimmerz Paints,
lace trim...from my stash,
and
floral image is from Gecko Galz Springtime collage set.

I used pop dots for the floral image.

The sentiment was stamped on a die cut  that I cut in half.

All the elements edges are distressed and inked with vintage photo distress ink.

Below you can see the card open.....


I love how it opens with the fold.

I used another flower,
 that I fussy cut,
 from another floral image on the Springtime collage set.
And it is pop dotted on another piece of At the Station paper.

The picture below shows where my glittery fun happened.....


I love this image alone but when I added the glitter I liked it even better!
So much fun!
(I glittered the little rose on the inside of the card as well)

The glitters I used were.....
Coral Reef for the roses,
Dreams for the little blue flowers,
Bayou & Lettuce for the leaves.
All these are Ultrafine Transparent glitter from Art Glitter.

*****
Thank again BOLB!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is totally gorgeous Carol. Love your image and the beautiful textures on the card.
Amelia