Monday, April 15, 2013

Butterfly tag...

Hi everyone! 

Sorry I seem to have been slacking these days!
Didn't realize how long it had been since my last post! 
Busy, busy, busy!

Today I want to show you a tag that I did for one of my Gecko Galz DT projects this month.....


I started with a tag blank and added Mushroom Cap paper 
from this months Butterfly Meadow paper pkg collection at 
Gecko Galz.
Unfortunately I covered most of it up but in the picture below you can still see some of it poking out on the bottom left side. 
It's a really pretty polka dot paper that I will definitely be using again.


I added modeling paste with a diamond stencil and sprayed it all with some copper perfect pearls mist, then sanded it a bit to bring back some of the white modeling paste.

I distressed the edges of the tag, 
 and my quote from the Quotes to Live By collage sheet & the vintage label from the Ephemera Days collage sheet, 
both from Gecko Galz.

The quote was added with pop dots so I could tuck the rose buds underneath.
(you can see a close up of that below) 

Also the quote piece was cut so I could slip a couple pieces of  Really Reasonable Ribbon to the sides for a little added sparkle.

The butterfly was fussy cut from one of the Papillion Jewels collection at Gecko Galz.
I added a pearl body.

I added a Tim Holtz swirl die piece that I had on my desk ready to go from an earlier project that I ended up not needing it for. 

Added the rose/leaf cabochon that I got from Piece by Piece.
I painted it with gesso then copper and green patina perfect pearls mists.


I topped it all with a little silk ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon
 and a wooden bead from my stash.


Photobucket

No comments: