Saturday, September 1, 2012

12 tags of 2012 - September

I'm loving this one!

Here is my take on Tim's tag this month!


With my brother's birthday coming at the end of the month I decided to mount it on a card for him.


I used Karen Foster Metals assorted sticky back metal sheets for the background. 
I love the variety of colors!
I added a bit of slate alcohol ink to it which removed some of the color from the metal sheets.
I liked the look of that but then I grabbed a piece of one of my SOS pads, rinsed out the soap & sanded all over...
love it! 

I used Tim's technique to make the holes & rivet marks on the seams, 
then I used the ridged edge of my hole poking tool  for the rest of the seams.

The clock piece I made with a piece of grunge board, a stamp and some crackle accents.

The birthday wishes piece was cut with my Cameo and stamped. 

A couple of brads, Timmy gears, Recollections craft tape, ribbon 
and it's done!

This is one of my favorite masculine pieces!

***

I'm linking to 
Tim Holtz - 12 tags of 2012 - September

Photobucket

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love that you made Tim's Tag into a card! Love the colors too!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Great job on the tag.

Sue said...

Great tag/card! Bet your brother will love it.

Kay Wallace said...

I am absolutely amazed at all the detail that I might have missed had you not given us a step-by-step of your process! I believe there was a lot of time and effort put into this great card, and it certainly shows, Carol! Lucky brother!

Unknown said...

Love it! your metal technique turned out fantastic! Love the way you decorated it too!!

Rita said...

Carol, how fabulous is your tag. I bet your brother will be thrilled to bits with it too. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx