Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hi all!

Hi everyone! 
I have been in hiding a little bit lately.
Hadn't felt that scrappy feeling for a while. 
Really driving me crazy having all my scrappy supplies buried in that shed!
Feeling a little better today, did a little organizing of my little scrappy pile I have here and that may have helped. 
I went to Michael's yesterday and they gave me a free tote because I bought some liquid pearls (scrappy supply) during National Scrapbooking Month.  
It was perfect to organize what I needed to organize.
 _______

During my lousy mood I had a couple of cards I needed to make, that I finally finished today. 
They are pretty simple but took forever because I just wasn't feeling it. 
I actually still have one more to do, the one that I need for my daughters birthday in a couple of days! 
Hopefully I can get that one done tomorrow while she is at school!
Go figure the ones I got done aren't needed for a couple of weeks!

Here are the two I got done...

First... 


The butterfly was sent to me from my scrappy Bella friend Heather
The white embroidered flower with pearl is one that I made.
The liquid pearls (silver) & enamel accents (white), that I used on the front, are my new toys these days. I love the look. 

Second...


The flower is another gift from Heather.
The "chocolat" ephemera piece is from Graphic Fairies.
The little lady image is from Magic Moonlight Studio.
The music note image is from Dezinaworld.
I used worn lipstick and wild honey distress inks on all the edges. 
Also added a few drops of enamel accents.
_______

This next project is a sad one. 
My sister lost her dog last week. 
Sheba was 14 yrs old.
She lived a happy life and will be missed.
She is now in heaven keeping mom & dad company and playing with all the other puppies frolicking up there.

I gave her a dog house...


The big flower is.....

another gift from Heather! lol
 I added the little pearl piece in the center.
The crochet bit is a piece of crochet ribbon I added to the bottom of one flower.
The butterfly is from Graphic Fairies. I mounted it on a piece of chipboard, fussy cut it, then added a layer of clear rock candy distress crackle paint and some tea dye distress ink.
The whole thing was done on a piece of foam core board, the bottom bit painted and stamped and the top is a piece of patterned paper that has day lilies on it (the flowers my sister planted on Sheba's grave).

Thanks for looking! 


I linked this up to the 
April Showers Bring May Flowers
challenge over at 
ABC DT Challenge.



Post a Comment