Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Altered Paint Brush

Good afternoon everyone!

Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful summer!

I haven't done much creating this summer but I am slowly trying to ease my way back into it.

A card here,
a tag there...

Today I want to show you a first for me,
I altered a paint brush!

I've painted quite a few walls in my time but never a paint brush! 

Here it is.....


Not being one who plans out her projects I decided that I would with this one...

so pulled out a couple of wooden diecuts...

a house, a tree and the letters to spell HOME.

Do you see them? 

No?

Really?

Oops, here they are...
 laying here on my desk!

So much for having a plan!

LOL

I gesso'd the brush, 
added a crackle look with texture paint and a stencil,
sprayed it all over with several different sprays,
then after a few different lace placements, 
embellishment placements, 
flower placements
and the elimination of the original idea...
I finally finished my piece!

Here are a couple of close ups.....


The flowers I used are from Prima.
I tucked a few pieces of bead trim in here and there between them.

The brown gem spray coming out of the bottom of the flowers is one that I've had for a while.
I've tried to add it to a few other projects and it never quite fit in...must have been waiting for this!
What do you think?


I used my bow-it-all to make the bow using a piece of lace and a piece of seam binding.


The dangling gems I've had for ages!
I think they worked quite nicely here!

Below is another look at the finished piece!


I'm entering this in the
Moore Art from the Heart - Altered Paint Brush challenge HERE


Thanks for stopping by!








2 comments:

Moore Art From The Heart said...

This altered paint brush come out beautiful. I truly love the look. So glad you gave it a try and thanks for entering it in my challenge on facebook. Hugs, Laurie D Moore

Micupoftea said...

Hi Carol- what a unique project! Love the Prima flowers and lace. Thx for stopping by my blog. I figured you would enjoy raw honey. I've been including cinnamon in my diet regularly, too. I like to make a past of cinnamon and honey for toast. Yum! Happy September :)