Tuesday, July 16, 2013

For a Cause.....



Over at Gecko Galz
LeeAnne challenged the Design Team to create a project using as many Gecko Galz products as we could.
Our challenge runs from July 1 to Aug 13 and then you get to jump in and vote for your favorite!
You'll have until August 30th to vote.
The winner will be announce on Sept 1st.

There will be a donation to the Charity,
 that the winner has chosen,
in the winner's name.

That is super cool!!!

*****

I chose to make a layout.
I don't do layouts very often anymore so I decided this was a good time for me to get one done!

Since my dad left us due to a heart attack several years ago and my mother followed him about 4 yrs later due to heart disease, that she had had for a very long time, I decided my charity would be the 

Heart Association.

Here is my layout I did of my parents.....



The Gecko Galz products used.....
Alter Me
Time Flies
 Wild about Flowers 
 Between the Lines
and 
Feb 2013 Spring by Heather Hudson for Gecko Galz 

Oh la la
Butterfly Meadow
Wild Roses
Vanity Fair 

From my stash.....
Honeycomb mask
Clear glitter glue
Glossy Accents
Martha Stewart edge punch
Tutti Frutti DazzelerZ from Shimmerz Paints

*****

I started with a piece of white cardstock, then layered a bunch of background papers.
I added the DazzelerZ with my mask in random spots to add a bit of shimmer to the page.
With the goal to use as many Gecko Galz products as I could I decided to punch some "lace" from a couple of my GG scraps.
I fussy cut the birds on the rose bush as well as the clock, fan, envelope and floral heart.
I flipped the birds on the rose bush, in gimp, so I could add them to the top of the page aimed in the opposite direction.
Pop dots for the flowers, birds, clock and Happy Memories sentiment.
Painted the heart with glossy accent.
I added the glitter glue to the roses, fan, floral heart and the flowers on the card in the envelope.

I love how this came out!


As I said, I haven't done many scrapbook pages for a while and I think part of that is because I got into adding flowers and bulky pieces to my work and that just makes it really hard to get them into a scrapbook. 
Even though I added pop dots to this it's still flat enough to make it into a scrapbook without adding too much bulk! 

Yay!

Of course now that I've done this one I have to get going & break out my many boxes of photo's, 
search through some more Gecko Galz products,
 get to some more fussy cutting.....




Photobucket

No comments: