Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Treasured Times Rubber Stamp & Scrapbooking Blog Hop

Woohoo! 

It's time for our first blog hop over at


We have a very talented group of stamp designers and 
Jody, our wonderful host,
takes those designs and makes stamps out of them for all of us to play with.
You can get stamps that are made from clear polymer or digi.

***
We also have a monthly challenge and everyone is invited to join in.

We, on the Design Team, will enter creations we've made with one of our Stamp Designers wonderful stamps (you can see mine below), 
however...
you can use any stamp you have to join in the challenge as long as you use the requirements specified.

This months requirements are to
use paper, flower & bling.

***

Now about the blog hop.....

I am your first stop along the hop so you are in the right place to start out.

As you hop along we would like you to follow all of our Design Team members blogs and 
leave a comment on each of our blogs.
You also need to leave a comment on the 
Treasured Times Rubber Stamping & Scrapbooking blog
 when you finish.

We will all be showing you a project we made using this months new stamp designed by Tracy Moreau, 
called Sugar Skull....super cute!

My project...
I wanted to make a wall hanging.


I received a digi stamp this month.
I printed it out in two different sizes,
then got out my Spectrum Noir markers.



On the larger print I simply cut a rectangle and used my Deco Corner Chomper on the edges.

With the smaller print I chose to fussy cut the image and after coloring it I added some 
rock candy Distress Crackle Paint.
I pop dotted that on top of a small doily.


In the photo below you can see my background was a piece of cardboard that I cut out and tore bit's off,
I added a some gesso then sprayed a few 
ShimmerZ sprays
(Cotton Candy, Bell of Roses & Snow Storm) 
and
then I smudged a bit of Weathered Wood distress ink all over.
I randomly stamped a floral swirl stamp, 
from my stash,
and added a bunch of Hot Cocoa liquid pearls.

And when trying to decide how to hang it I decided to punch a bunch of holes all the way around and weaved some polka dot ribbon (from Walmart) through, leaving a loop at the top for hanging.

Also added some bling to my skull piece


Below you can see some flowers from my stash, 
a piece of a diecut, I had left over from another project,
and the bow I made using a friends, super easy, technique & topped it with another bit of bling.

I love to use the stems of the flowers and give them a bit of a curl for added texture.


Below is a Tim Holtz idea-ology word band that I painted with some pink acrylic paint, rubbing off the excess to show off the wording more.
I also painted the nail head brads to match.



The image below is the bunch of goodies that Jody is offering to one lucky blog hopper.
The blog hop will run from July 31st to Aug 7th
then Jody will do a random draw from all the names of those of you who left comments and followed our blogs.
Good luck to all of you!


Along with this bunch of goodies that Jody is offering there are a few DT Members who are offering an extra giveaway on their blogs too 
so don't miss anyone along the way

Next blog on the list is 

***
Here is a list of the blog hop line-up
Carol (me)

*******


links:
Photobucket

13 comments:

Adorable Country Classics said...

Just beautiful Carol! Thank you for your time, creation, and for being on our DT!
~Jody~

Micupoftea said...

Such a unique hanging, Carol. Like the crackle effect on the small skull :)

Anonymous said...

I love your project. Fabulous coloring and putting it all together with all these beautiful details!

Nadja

Aldina said...

lovely work and thank you ^.^

Pamela said...

Meraviglioso complimenti :-)

nicoletta said...

Bellissimo lavoro e bellissima iniziativa, complimenti
Ciao ciao
Nicoletta

Anonymous said...

Great Job Carol!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful!
Kiss Laura

Franca said...

Wonderful!
Love it!

lizziebusy said...

That's so cute Carol, wonderful project.
Elisabetta

Baby said...

Very nice, I've got a lot to learn about this tecnique!

Heather said...

I love the colors you used on the sugar skull!! The crackle medium really adds to the piece! Super cute!!
Hugs from your BOLB!!
Heather

Rosanna said...

Questo progetto mi piace tantissimo...belli i colori scelti|