Sunday, December 18, 2011

Warm Wishes

I have been out to the Post Office already this morning and I hope to be back there later today with what I hope is the last things I need to mail for the holidays. 
I am a little later than I wanted to be but better late than never right?

Actually the fact that I made it out today at all is a good thing since my back is giving me a lot of pain today. 
Hasn't been this bad in a while.

After watching the weather station this morning I was determined to get these things going today because tomorrow we are expecting snow all day and into Wednesday. Don't know how much but I don't want to have  go out with packages in hand, walking to the post office, or anywhere else for that matter, in any snow.

Upon coming home I decided that, in this cold wintery weather, I deserved a warm cozy drink so I am sitting here with a hot cup of 
Paris blend tea!
Oh so yummy!!!

And because it is so cold out I am drinking from my mug that I bought from 
Ron Jon's down on Cocoa Beach in Florida.


What could be better on a cold blustery day than sipping a tasty blend with visions of 
beautiful sunshiny weather, 
warm ocean breezes, 
the sound of the sea 
and
 to reflect back to the memories I have of time spent with my brother who lives down there. 

Along with my tea I am nibbling on a few of the holiday cookies I made the other day.


I am linking up with 

Warm Wonderful Holiday Wishes to everyone!!!

Blog siggy 2

10 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Carol,
I'll drink tea to warm sunny days on the beach; my favourite place to be! I will have to wait till next Summer to enjoy that again but in the meantime, thank you for reminding me of lovely times spent there.
Thanks so much for joining me for Tea Time and I wish you a lovely Christmas season with family and friends.

Holiday Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

I know Ron Jon's at Cocoa Beach! I was there for a shuttle launch in 1999. Enjoy your tea! Happy Tea Day!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello,
I agree totally. Hot tea and some sweets like your delicious looking cookies, ar the right thing on a cold day.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!
Best greetings, Johanna

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A cup of tea can certainly bring warmth to a person and if the mug brings warm memories too, all the better.
Merry Christmas

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Carol. Love your cup and the spririt of warm sunshine it brings to tea time. Your spritz cookies look so yummy. I did not make them this year, so it is especially nice to see yours.
Hope your back feels better and your Christmas very special. Best wishes for a wonderful new year ahead too.
Hugs from Texas, Celestina Marie

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Carol,
Merry Christmas to you!!! Your Christmas cookies are beautiful--and they look delicious!!

I sure hope you feel better soon~Sending (((hugs))) your way, my friend.
XO
Cindy

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Carol, I stopped back by to follow you, earlier today it would not go through. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
Merry Christmas!
Celestina Marie

Wanda Lee said...

Dear Carol,

I was trying earlier to leave a comment and having no luck.., Oh well, at last I'm able to get through. This is a heart warming tea post indeed.., The mug and yummy cookies are so festive. Enjoy your warm sun!

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year from Pam and Wanda Lee at the other half of 'Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland', other two ladies. Our ,'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday' And also our 115th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two'.., Fun!!

Hugs, Wanda Lee

Terri said...

I do hope your back feels better very soon! Your mug looks like a generous size and nice to use. Your cookies look so yummy...what a nice treat with your mug of tea and your cookies!
Merry Christmas to you.
Hugs,
Terri

Micupoftea said...

Ouch...back pain is no fun! Feel better soon! Tea and cookies sound fantastic...perhaps with carols playing on the stereo? MERRY Christmas! xox
shawn