Monday, August 29, 2011

A quick weekend catch up...

Been a busy weekend so I am a little slow posting my projects I made Friday. 

I was determined to do a little scrapping but as soon as I sat at my desk the canvases called to me.

This first one is my entry into the Viola ink challenge over at Bella Creations
We had to use some spray on our project.
I used Tsukineko Walnut Ink.

The images are from Graphic Fairies.
I painted them with inks I put on my mat and sprayed. 
The skin tones are a mix of Bambi Brown and Light Ivory paint from Delta.
I will be linking this up to Graphic Fairies Brag Monday.

This canvas is entered into the Bella Muse and Bella Unique challenges over at Bella Creations. 
The image is the Gecko Galz image we were given to use for the Bella Muse challenge.
The Unique challenge was to make a tie-dye embellishment, I made the large flower.
I made this flower Thursday night, along with the one for the first canvas. 
I didn't have a clear plan as to what I was going to do with them yet but I wanted to have them ready.
Friday I ran over to the Post Office and there was a pkg there for me from a wonderful Bella friend, Maggie
In this box were the daisy flowers and they matched my tie-dyed flower perfectly!!! 
The little yellow resin flowers were also in there so I had to add them all to my project too!
Thanks Maggie!
I did not have any paints that would work with my flowers, of course, so I set out to mixing what I had.
This is a combo of Folk Art Paints...Terra Cotta, School Bus Yellow and Engine Red.
Love what I ended up with! 
I made the stick pin for this canvas.

Thanks for stopping by.

I hope all my East Coast friends and family made it though Irene well!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! Glad you are back to creating!! Visiting from the graphic fairy...LOL..I would of visited anyways...HUGS!! Great stick pin..and love the painting!! Fabulous flower!! Hugs