Monday, August 12, 2013

Purple room & a canvas wall hanging...

Good morning everyone!

My daughter has been wanting to change the color of her room for a little while now so after getting back from vacation we headed to the store for some paint.

So she went from this.....

Green with blue splatter!

To.....

Pretty Purple

She glittered her outlet covers!
They look great in there!


I made the canvas above for her, using the Sugar Skulls stamps from 

A close up of the stamp below.....


I colored the stamps with Spectrum Noir markers.

The flowers were a rose color...I sprayed them with 
dylusions-crushed grape-ink spray.

The black demask was done with a mask and some glossy heavy gel tinted with black acrylic paint.

I added lace, plaster patch tape, and bling trims from my stash.

The grunge board letters were sprayed with 
Cranberry Adirondack Color Wash 
and I added glossy accents on top.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Great color!! Cool room!! It has gone from a neon wake-up call to a cozy spot to relax. Great job, girls.

Heather said...

Love the new color of her room! What a great color!! Love the wall hanging you did for her room...OMG..the glittered outlet covers are FABBY!!
Hugs!!
BOLB!!