Friday, February 17, 2012

12 tags of 2012

While hopping around this morning I came across Tim Holtz blog and saw that he has changed his 
"12 Tags of Christmas" to "12 Tags of 2012".

I'll miss the "12 tags of Christmas" but then again I never found the time to do any this past year so I'm hoping that the "12 tags of 2012" will be easier to keep up with since it will be just one tag every month. 

Here is the tag I made inspired by February's tag...


Tim's tag was Valentine's Day inspired but since Valentines Day is over I went in another direction.

I used my new stamps...
teapot and teacup.

I stamped them with vintage photo distress ink and lightly colored them with some colored pencils, you can hardly tell in these pic's.


I used pearl paint dabber on my background stamp
 then
weathered wood, rusty hinge and worn lipstick distress inks on the background.
I sprayed it with a Perfect Pearls mist I made.
After that I embossed it with my 
Birds & Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder.
 Tim used bling and charms on top with his ribbon but I chose to add flowers & gems to the bottom.

I'm linking up to Tim Holtz blog.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, that is totally gorgeous!!! I LOVE what you created!!! (It sounds like someone is hearing the angel stories!)
XO
Cindy

Kristen said...

so pretty, love the soft colors you chose.


Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
Kristina
www.pearlgateway.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
The colours remind me of vintage china so perfect for your theme.
A gorgeous tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Micupoftea said...

Hi Carol! Thanks for visiting my blog! I had Blogger problems and could not post for a week...had to change browsers cuz I could NOT fix the problem. :(
Love your tag...so great. Hope you had a nice Valentines Day with your hubby & daughter~
xox

Starr said...

Carol, beautiful, romantic, gorgeous tag!

Heather said...

This tag is just gorgeous!! I really love your hanging trim!!
hugs!!