Monday, December 1, 2014

Blue Christmas Tag

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I'm running late with this one!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! 

***
And the story goes like this.....

I had to buy a new turkey because the one I had was bad!

Slid several times in the snow, while trying to come home from the store!
Slippery snow and curvy roads with large ditches are a little scary
 especially when you're driving a Camaro!

Home again I cooked the bad bird just to be sure...
or whatever...
and I was right!
The dogs & I tried it and although the dogs didn't seem to mine,
it didn't have that yummy turkey taste to me,
so in the trash it went!

Thanksgiving Day...
Cooked the bird,
finishing up all the fixings,
grabbed a stick of butter out of the fridge,
knocked over a jar of fudge,
tried to catch it,
bent my pinkie back,
WAY BACK,
OUCHIE!!!!!
Not sure if it's broken or what but dinner must go on!

Swollen & lots of pain!

Several days later.....

I don't think it's broken,
the swelling is finally going down, the pain is easing and I can make a fist again...
still hurts but getting better!

I had a wonderful dinner with my husband and daughter,
I talked to my older children Thanksgiving morning,
everyone is healthy...
all in all...
It was a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

*****

Now for my late post.....

Our new challenge is up at Gecko Galz!
This month it is...
Winter Wonderland!


There is only one rule, and that is you need to use at least ONE product from Gecko Galz!!
(all links will be below)
It can be one of the free products, stamps, collage images, or digital papers!! 
 It is up to you!!

The winner will receive a $25 Shopping Spree at Gecko Galz Etsy!

Here is the inspiration piece that I made.....


The plan was a card but seems there were other ideas happening in my hands!

The blue background paper has a shimmer to it.

The beautiful image is from Gecko Galz Winter Wishes collage set.
Love the scene and the colors!

The tree is from Robyn G's Merry Wishhes icon set.
(our cross promotion this month is with Robyn G)

I added some lace trims to the sides and bottom.
I used white card stock for matting the background and image.
A couple of buttons and twine to hang it!

And last.....


I found my neglected embossing powders and played with them! 

Using an embossing pen I went around the tree and on the image where the snow fell on the trees,
embossing them with my heat gun
then,
like I was grabbing a pinch of salt, 
I sprinkled more embossing powder all over so it looked like snow falling!
(I use my heat gun behind the image so this was easy to do without embossing ink...no blown away powders)

And that is that!

*****

Links.....


Merry Wishes Digital set (so many pretty papers and icons)

*****

I will be linking this tag up at
Unruly Paper Arts Blog - 12 Days of Christmas Link Party

HOW TO JOIN THE PARTY

1. Get in the Christmas Spirit and link up any Christmas Themed Project you are working on and are posting to your blog throughout our event period (1st December - 12th December) to our Party Link. The Party Links will be listed here on the Events Page, 1st of December and on our blog on this Date also.

2. You must be a follower of this site.

3. Leave a little love for others, by commenting on at least the blogs of the person listed in the link up before you and the two people behind you.

4. Come back each day if you like, you can link up a new project each day, but remember for each time you link up you have to leave 3 comments.

5. Display our Party Badge (shown below) on your blog and link back to this post each time you post your creation to your blog, galleries etc.

*****

Again I hope you all had a Wonderful Thanksgiving & weekend!
(a little less eventful than mine...lol)


10 comments:

Susan said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Love the peaceful image and the snow falling...

ddazzled71 said...

Such a lovely tag, love the banner shape and the blue palette. Thanks so much for joining the party at Unruly PaperArts this month. Danie xx

TangledBlueRose said...

Such a fun tag! I LOVE your embossing! Wonderful images!~kim

Michele said...

did all those terrible things actually happen to you? next year go out to dinner! i love your gorgeous work as always Carol. xo

2amscrapper said...

Glad your finger is healing, Carol! I just love when art has a mind of its own--beautiful creation! Thanks for linking it up to our UPA party! Helene, here as UPA columnist.

Peg said...

This is so pretty! You did a great job on it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ink Stained Roni said...

So pretty - blue is my favorite color and it's perfect on this creation! LOVE it!!
TFS :)

Kelley said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Oh Dear what dramas you had. Glad to see that you are up to a little crafting now. The gentle blues of your piece are lovely!

Barbara Rankin said...

Your inspiration piece is beautiful, Carol. I love the focal image, and the laces and trims make it so elegant.