Saturday, December 6, 2014

Winter Wishes Christmas Tag...

Good morning everyone! 

Today I have a Gecko Galz project to show you.

This month we are doing our annual 
24 Tags of Christmas

I hope you all have been following along and enjoying them all!


  I started with a large (5 1/8 x 10 1/2) tag. 
   I cut the music note paper to fit over the tag, then distressed the edges. Using a couple of stencils, I added the modeling paste in a few random places. 
Wanting a spattered effect I sprayed all three sprays from about 12 to 16 inches away. Lastly I swiped some white chalk paint all over.
I put the carpenters patch tape on one side.

I punched 2 sides & corner of the Pale Snowflake paper from 
Robyn G's Merry Wishes Digital Embellishments & Papers collection,
 adding platinum stickle dots within the punched area. Then glued it down on top of the background.
I added the red trim with hot glue.

From there I added some cheese cloth and one of the Winter Wishes images, that I put old paper distress in on the edges and glitter to give sparkle to the flowers. I used pop dots to add this image.


 I distressed the edges of the Red Snowflake paper also from Robyn G and added some modeling paste to one corner. I added some white chalk ink all around the edges. Using pop dots I put that on the tag.


I also used pop dots to add the Winter Wishes sentiment and skates image. The skates image has platinum stickles around the edges. The sentiment was inked with old paper distress ink then topped with diamond stickles...I spread it with my fingers. 
I tucked a couple pieces of lace trim under a couple of pieces as well as a little bit of cheese cloth under the bottom image. 


I added the poinsettia to the top corner.
Then to finish off the whole thing I used my finger and some diamond stickles and dabbed it all over.

Here's another look at the finished tag.....


I hope you're all enjoying the season!


Gecko Galz Blog
Gecko Galz Etsy
Robyn Gough Designs Etsy

***

Don't forget to enter your Winter Wonderland creations,
using one of Gecko Galz products,
over at
Gecko Galz Winter Wonderland Challenge!




I will be linking up at.....





HOW TO JOIN THE PARTY


1. Get in the Christmas Spirit and link up any Christmas Themed Project you are working on and are posting to your blog throughout our event period (1st December - 12th December) to our Party Link. The Party Links will be listed here on the Events Page, 1st of December and on our blog on this Date also.

2. You must be a follower of this site.

3. Leave a little love for others, by commenting on at least the blogs of the person listed in the link up before you and the two people behind you.

4. Come back each day if you like, you can link up a new project each day, but remember for each time you link up you have to leave 3 comments.

5. Display our Party Badge (shown below) on your blog and link back to this post each time you post your creation to your blog, galleries etc.



Thanks for stopping by! 



14 comments:

Ink Stained Roni said...

So very pretty! I love the sheet music and the images you used are beautiful!!
TFS :)

TangledBlueRose said...

Such a wonderful tag! Love the vintage color and texture. Love the ice skates!
~kim

christi said...

wow, love all of the layers and stuff that you used. thanks for sharing.

Kelley said...

I am in love with that tag. It is awesome.

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous tag, Carol! Love the images and the textures you've added are amazing! xxD

It'sMe said...

Love the Image on this tag.It is so gorgeous,lovely work.☺

2amscrapper said...

love all the inkiness and techniques on this beautiful vintage tag for Gecko Galz! Thanks for sharing it at the Unruly Paper Arts Link Up Party! Helene

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Your tag is so pretty. It is very delicate!

Teresa said...

I love the 24 tags of Christmas idea... and your tag that you did is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us on the RRR Challenge this month :)

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Carol! That is the prettiest tag I've ever seen! I only wished I could make something half that pretty! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

ddazzled71 said...

This is gorgeous Carol. Beautifully vintage and so pretty! Thanks for being an avid Party goer at Unruly this month! xx

Barbara Rankin said...

This is beautiful. I love this vintage look.

Dana Joy said...

Fantastic project. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Heather said...

Love it Carol!! I love the GG images!!
Thanks for playing along at RRR!!
Hugs
Heather