Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Trash to Treasure

Good morning all!

I am not doing too well these days. 
My husband shared the cold he had and it is slamming me.
And if that wasn't bad enough I pulled a muscle in my shoulder today.

But enough about that. 

I spent most of the day yesterday just vegetating but last night with a small burst of energy I decided to work on a project for the 

I forgot to take a picture of my trash before starting but I managed to catch myself before totally covering it...



I am still working on getting rid of my scraps so all the papers I used are from my scrap box.


My new pen/pencil box.


I'm not sure what I will be putting in there but I also added a pocket in front.


Simple but practical. 

I am also linking this up to Vintage Page Designs Destash Challenge.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Heather said...

Super Cute!! What a great idea and perfect for the SCH challenge..wooo hoo!! Get better soon!!
Hugs!!

trisha too said...

Oh ugh, lingering colds are dreadful--get well soon, and don't stress that shoulder!

Your new pencil box is adorable! Ali at Vintage Page Designs is having a challenge this would be perfect for--here's the link. I'm going to play along, too, but haven't made a thing yet: http://vintagepagedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-de-stash-challenge-art-journal.html

Ali Manning said...

Great project - I love the way you used your scraps to create something useful! Thanks for joining me at Vintage Page Designs :)

Starr said...

Love it Carol, what a great and pretty idea. I need to try some trash to treasure...i would be rich!!! Hugs , Starr

Cec said...

What a great project and who would have thought an empty cracker box could become so useful. I love all the fun papers and trims. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Patti P. said...

Carol, I can sympathize with your cold as I too caught my dh's cold and we are both trying to recover. Love that you created something for your craft room, just as I did this week. Love the flourish, trims and flower that you used to embellish. Hope you can join in again next week as well with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Patti SCH/DT

Holly Young said...

this is so pretty and so practical! I just love it!

thanks for joining us this week for trash to treasure at SCH!

Holly SCH DT

Payne Holler Cards said...

fighting a sinus infection with you!
love your finished project (-:
thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow (-:

PetraB said...

What a great way of using the papers and sooo useful.