Monday, March 2, 2015

My Artistic Adventures Challenge #5

It's time for a new challenge over at 
My Artistic Adventures! 

Our theme is


Create any NEW tangible item, Card, tag, ATC, Layout, altered art piece, Banner, pretty much anything you can come up with that is tangible using some of my digital images (or others).
(Sorry no digital entries)

Here is a look at what I created.....


I haven't altered a notebook/journal for some time now so I thought I would now.

I started with a couple of papers from the
I love the shades of green in this collection!

I used polka dots for the front of the book and gingham for the back.

I put a green ribbon, 
that has a bit of lace on it as well, 
on the spine
and 
wrapped another ribbon around to use as a tie closure for the journal.


You can see the ribbon on the spine a bit better on these two photos.


I added the scrap of green corrugated paper over the ribbon to help keep it in place.

Then started layering bits and pieces...

The quote image is from Gecko Galz 
That is on pop dots.

I used some scrap lace trim and fiber trim to tuck under the image.

A little string of pearls across the top of the corrugated piece.

Then finished off with a bunch of flowers that I've kinda been hoarding...
mostly because they are green and I don't use green much!
The larger flower has a pearl button center 
and the 2 medium sized flowers have a couple of pink brads to bring in the pink from the image
and 
the 3 bitty flowers were just 4 or 5 each of the little flowers bunched and glued together to form a few little buds. 

I tucked a few white little leaves and a couple little stamen bits underneath to finish off my piece.


I hope you will join us for this challenge...
show us your green!
I can't wait to see what you create!

Please remember you can use other images to 
play along & win the "Top three badge"
but in order to win the Random Draw (a free collage sheet)
 and
 Designer's Choice (chance to Guest Design and receive free images)
you must use one of My Artistic Adventures images.

Don't forget to stop over and see the rest of the DT's creations over on the challenge blog!

*****

*****

I'm linking up with...
Unruly Paper Arts March challenge

*****

Have a great week!
Thanks for stopping by!



7 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous notebook Carol. I love the layout of the cover and that ribbon is so soft and pretty.

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fabulous little notebook, Carol! Love the papers and that Gecko Galz image is just perfect. xxD

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

What a wonderful journal cover!!
Beautiful layers with papers, lace and flowers.
Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts this month.

ddazzled71 said...

Such a lovely cover for your journal Carol using bits of green! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Unruly PaperArts this month! Danie xx

Toni said...

What a beautiful job you did in creating your journal cover. love the ribbon closure and the lace just completes in perfectly. Thank you for creating with us at Unruly PaperArts

Clare Lloyd said...

Super notebook thanks for joining the RAQ at Unruly PaperArts.

Mary Ann Potter said...

What a great notebook --- from the ordinary to the extraordinary! Love this piece.