Friday, March 13, 2015

Hat's Off!

Hi everyone!

I joined a challenge group on Facebook.....

March's challenge is to use a cute little hat from her store.

I couldn't resist!

This is what I did with the hat...


I started by wetting the edges so I could curl the brim a bit 
(Laurie also did this with the hats she worked on...I loved the look so had to do that myself)

Then painted it with some cream paint and
 rubbed with a little vintage photo distress ink on the edges.

Here's a couple of closer looks.....


I covered it with some mesh ribbon,
glued the feathers to the one side
 and added a couple different trims.

I finished off with a rose button and a couple little pearl bits.


I hope you check out the link above to the challenge group,
there are some gorgeous hats being altered!

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments: